Thursday, April 11, 2013


My Race. My Jouney. My eye is on the prize.
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

As Christians we have to run the race that God has planned for us. There are so many distractions and temptations in this crazy world, but you must keep your eye on the prize. We need to make God our #1 priority in life and everything else will begin to fall into place.

This makes me ponder why I do the things I do?
I do it for Him. I do it to get the "crown that will last forever". I do it because God wants me too.

This journey has reinforced to me how important it is to have all 3 components in my life to stay balanced; Faith, Food and Fitness. God wants us to take care of our bodies in order to not be disqualified from the prize. Studying the word, prayer, eating clean and working out. That is the race I am running. Feeling great about it and staying on track.

<3 Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment