Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today during our sermon the director of programming and media delivered a message about evil. With everything that has gone this past week I thought I would share. When evil is around us we may begin to have a sense of doubt and fear. He gave us five main points to think about to help us wrap our heads around it:

1--Evil is complex.
2--Evil gradually leads to destruction.
3--Evil impacts us.
4--Evil impacts others around us.
5--Evil is defeated. 

It is so hard to understand why evil is all around us. Personally, I let evil impact me by allowing ED to get in my head for so many years (ED is the name I used to identify my eating disorder). It destroyed my relationship with food and exercise taking it to the extreme which caused me to be so unhealthy. ED had such a stronghold on me I never thought I would escape. 
A great quote he shared spoke so loudly to me and that time of my life: 
"Sin will take you further than you want to go.
It will keep you longer than you want to stay.
And it will cost you more than you want to pay."
I never thought exercise and food could take me to such an extreme, such a low. I never thought I could be living it on and off for almost 10 years causing other health problems as well. Evil took over, I let it, and I lost myself. 

Why is there so much Evil?

How can we be stronger than evil? We can't do it alone. We need help, we need Him. It wasn't until I discovered my relationship with Christ that Evil was defeated. I am so proud to say that #5 is possible and I did it! Evil is defeated! It took me a while, but by the grace of God it happened! 

He is my source of freedom and continues to amaze me each and every day through blessings that were unimaginable a few years ago <3 Christ was stripped of his dignity by being naked so ours could be built up! He is awesome!!! Thank you Jesus for all that you do for us!

"Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, 
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
surely I will help you, 
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

<3 Veronica




1 comment:

  1. It can be easy to let things get out of control if we don't have a healthy view on them. I'm glad you were able to defeat the evil that had a hold on you, and your story will be a blessing to others!Give them hope and encouragement for their journey. Thanks for stopping by my place, it's nice to "meet" you!!

    ReplyDelete