Saturday, April 6, 2013


Two angels, one life saved!





Two years ago on April 5th, God placed me in the hallways of NHHS during cheerleading tryouts to safe the life of a girl that at that time I did not even know. Heather Skillman went into sudden cardiac arrest while running the mile. My years of training went into auto pilot as I ran to her side and without even thinking and immediately started CPR. With scared teenagers all around me I held it together as I kept going and saying to her "please don't quit on me, please don't quit on me". When the AED arrived I stepped away so others could take over. I was in shock, I had no idea what had just happened...

Heather was taken in a medevac minutes later. Still fighting for her life.

Weeks later a young girl walked up to me in the hallway and stood in front of me. I looked at her, she looked at me. I hadn't had her in class before, but why did I know this girl. Then she said "It's Heather!" It was her, the same girl that I found face down in the halls upstairs just weeks before that. She was back in school and ready to go! 

I am so proud of the woman she has become today. Heather is finishing up her freshman year at the University of Vermont! She is an inspiration to so many. She was faced with death and will let nothing stop her now! 

God may have placed me there for her, but he placed her there for me too. To this day I refer to Heather as my little angel♥ Love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment