Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life is a series of choices.
"For it was You who created my inward parts; 
You knit me together in my mothers womb.
I will praise You, because I have been 
remarkably and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:13-14

My nanny always used to knit (well actually crochet, but that's okay). She made blankets for all her children and grandchildren. She loved us and always told us how special we were. Not a day goes by that I don't miss Nanny <3 I am so blessed to be loved by my family and so many of my friends. 

I thought of Nanny when I read from Psalm this morning. Is there anything like a grandmothers love? I would say no, but the one love that is greater is God's love for us. He knows us because he made us, remarkably and wonderfully. I really had to turn to this today. I had God (and my Nanny) with me when I was struggling. I so badly wanted to grab some candy as Mark and I strolled through the Christmas Tree Shoppe to eat at the movies, but I didn't. I took long deep breathes and prayed. It worked. It wasn't easy that is for sure, God is amazing, and so is my Nanny! I made a good choice, broke a habit and I survived! 

When you eat, you need to remember that your body is special. "Don't you know that you are God's sanctuary and that the Spirit of God lives in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16 What choices are you making when you eat? When you are unsure; close your eyes, take a deep breathe and ask Him. 

One quick thing...I have to share this picture of last nights dinner--home made sushi with Tempeh:-) I was soooo nervous, but it was awesome, Mark loved it too! I even had it for lunch today!
20130315_192846.jpeg




No comments:

Post a Comment