Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"The wise people will shine
like the brightness of the sky.
Those who teach others to live right
will shine like stars forever and ever."
Daniel 12:3

I want to teach every where I go.
I want to make a difference in the lives of others.
I want to help people live the best life they are meant to live.

We all have the opportunity to learn every single day. You can learn from anyone! A few months ago I can remember my nephew Braden teaching me about filaments in light bulb. Seriously, I had no idea what the things in light bulbs were called. I will never forget it now and I learned it from my 6 year old nephew! Love it. You don't have to be in school to learn, and you don't have to be a teacher to teach.  

Today is day 8, the first day of the second week. It was hard...this is what I was surrounded with all day...
20130320_083353.jpeg
As the day went on I was tempted...but I learned that I don't have to eat it just because it is there. It's so hard to say no to things especially when they are right there in front of your face. You can smell them; practically taste them! I don't know about you, but once I start I have a hard time stopping.

I shared with Mark this morning how hard I thought it was going to be and he reminded me of what I said the other day about going in with a plan and sticking to it. Oh yeah, I got this, I can do it. Every time I was tempted I reminded myself of my plan and took some time away.

After a few years in recovery from my eating disorder, I honestly wondered it I would ever be able to have a healthy relationship with food. Guess what? I can and I WILL for the rest of my life! As Mark told me "You're more impressive than you thought you were!" Thanks Mark!

The original thinking for doing this is to learn more about myself and my patterns and habits. I am now going to be fully invested in showing (teaching) others that they can do it to! Yes it's hard. I am not one who will sugar coat anything. It's hard, but it CAN be done and you will feel so good about it when it is over! I do:-)

I read this today:
"Physical fitness is not the result of a single decision that is made 'once and for all.' Physical fitness results from thousands of decisions that are made day after day, week after week, and year after year." Physical fitness is not just about working out, it is also about nutrition and faith. The life long journey is a combination of faith, food and fitness. The decisions you make in all facets of life will affect you.

<3 Veronica
Just remember, don't beat yourself up if you don't make the best decision, learn from it and move forward! See...you can even learn from yourself!!


"Life is a series of choices between the bad, 
the good, and the best.
Everything depends on how we choose."
Vance Havner--retired minister, author




No comments:

Post a Comment