Tuesday, March 19, 2013

 So I say to you, ask,
and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find; knock,
and it will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives,
and he who seeks finds,
and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Luke 11:9-10
Everyone interprets a verse or a quote differently. When I read this verse from Luke I instantly thought of all the opportunity that lies ahead of me, and all of the doors that closed behind me. I am ready for new challenges and new adventures in life. I would have never thought I would be writing a blog about Faith, Food and Fitness. So many doors have been opened to me in the past two years, but none of that would have been possible without doors closing behind me.

I'm sure we are all familiar with the saying; when one door closes, another one opens. I have experienced this all throughout my life. Sometimes you don't want the door to close but it does. Life at that moment and for a time after that may seem like it is falling apart. It's when you finally realize that the door closed for a reason...because there is a better opportunity ahead of you! When you are ready, the next door will open.

Struggling with anorexia and over-exercising is a door I am so glad has been closed, locked, and the key has been thrown away! Although I have been recovered for over two years, it was not until I started the Ultimate RESET that I truly faced some of the habits I formed through my recovery. I am so thankful that one of my best friends Lauren approached me with this opportunity.

Today is the last day of week 1--RECLAIM and I start week 2 tomorrow. 7 days down and 14 more to go! I feel really good already and have picked up some really great recipe ideas and working through breaking some habits. I am looking forward to what the next 2 weeks bring. I will be keeping you posted:-)



1 comment:

  1. Another great one. Happy end of week one! - M

    ReplyDelete