Thursday, March 14, 2013

Reset Day 2!
Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble.
Then your light will shine out from the darkness,
and the darkness around you will be as bright as the moon.
The LORD will guide you continually
giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.
You will be like a well and watered garden,
like an ever-flowing spring.
Isaiah 58:10-11

Every day I want to be the light to others. I have found security in the Lord and want to help others do the same. Struggling with Food and Fitness can be such a dark place, but when you can find that balance there is so much light! Don't you just want to be filled with light and water and flow like a spring:-) I do! Which is why I have drank a gallon of water today!

I have chosen to take the journey of my RESET with the Lord and look to him when you need it. There have already been times through the past two days that I struggled, which is so normal for everyone I know, but we need to keep reminding ourselves that he is there to help us. One of my main goals is to break habits that I have which I have be unable to do on my own. Foods that I just felt really comfortable eating the past few years. I eat them because they are there, or because it became part of my schedule. They are not what I would call "really bad foods" but they have no nutritional value! I had a breakthrough yesterday when instead of Dunkin Donuts around 9:30 I reached for My Shakeology. Don't get me wrong DD isn't "bad"...but it's a habit I want to break, not rely on the caffeine and instead have the healthiest meal of the day with Shakeology. I picked up my note card, read it a few times and was so happy once I finished my shake.

I chose Isaiah today because it has spoken to me in so many ways lately. Last night in my awesome women's bible study at South Ridge we read and discussed the following from Ann Voskamps book, one thousand gifts. "we who are made in the image of God, being formed into Christ's likeness, our happiness comes, too, not in having but in the handing over. Give your life away in exchange for many lives, give away your blessings to multiply blessings, give away so that many might increase, and do it all for the love of God."
She is amazing. Through so much adversity in her life, she always remember the strength she has.

Thank you Lord for taking me on this journey. I hope some of you come along too!

1 comment: