Saturday, March 23, 2013


When do you like to go to the grocery store?
Is there a certain day of the week you like to go?
Do you like to go early in the morning, late at night, or in the middle of the day?
Do you go with a list of things to buy or do you just wing it?
Are you a coupon clipper?
Do you check out the weekly circular?
Is there a particular store you like to go to or do you shop around?

I actually enjoy going to the grocery store. I know, call me crazy, but I do. There are two things I have learned through the years of grocery shopping. One that I must do and one I definitely can not do.

I must go in with a list. If I don't make a list, I will never remember what I need. Even when I have a list I forget things and end up going back again later in the week.

On the other hand, one thing I know that I CAN NOT do is go to the grocery store when I am hungry. When I go and I am hungry everything in site looks good and so many more items end up in my cart. There goes my list and my plan right out the door. I"m sure you have done this before.

I thought about my lists at the grocery store when I was reading this verse from Psalm 32:8 today.

"I will instruct you
and show you the way to go; 
with my eye on you, 
I will give counsel."

God always has his eye on you. When you are fighting a craving or reaching for something you know you shouldn't really have in the house, pray for strength from the Lord and he will help you out. Remember, you are never alone, he is always there to help. It may not be easy, but you will be thankful for it later. 

"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. 
Later on, however, it yields the fruit
of peace and righteousness
to those who have been trained by it."
Hebrews 12:11

<3 Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment