Sunday, March 17, 2013


You, therefore, my child, be strong
in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:1

Day 5 of my Ultimate RESET:-) 
Sometimes it is just so hard to be strong.
Sometimes you just want to give up.
Sometimes you just want to cave.

When I was first in recovery I was caving for years because I thought well I deprived myself for so long I need to make up for it. I would cave and tell myself I just won't do it the next time. Then the next time came, and I did it again. I couldn't find the strength inside of me to not indulge over and over again. I'm sure so many people know what that feels like. The "I"ll start tomorrow" line and tomorrow never comes. No way am I beating myself up for that at all, but I have just realized that I can't do that all the time. To be honest, it became a habit; cave, tell myself I will not do it the next time, and the next time do it again. That is honestly the biggest reason I chose to do Beachbody's Ultimate Reset. Five days in and I have been faced so many times with wondering if it was a habit or was I truly hungry. I think it is hard to know until you really have to think about it. I am sitting here wanting so badly to get up and eat something sweet and believe me there is candy and chocolate everywhere in this house! I am so used to having something sweet after dinner. Mom loves to put candy out in bowls. 
She was awesome today when I asked if she could hide the jellybeans until the kids get here. I don't even like jelly beans that much, but I will eat them because they are there staring at me. 

Learn your habits and know your body.
It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, "healthy" or "unhealthy".
You can do it!

"For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also."
Luke 12:34



2 comments:

  1. You're doing so great!!! Remember that your resistance to old habits is like a reward! Remind yourself how you feel when you succeed. Every success no matter how small is a victory and God is there every step of the way whenever you need Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Proud of you. You're doing great. - M

    ReplyDelete