Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday.
The timer is set.

After.

What are we doing after dinner?
What are we doing after we go to church?

Those were such common questions I distinctly remember asking as a child. Those were the thoughts that first jumped into my mind after spending quite a few days with my two favorite nephews!

Why are we so worried about what we are doing after?
Why can't we live in the moment?

I think of after...and I think of next...and I think of the future. But the present is where I want to be right now. Enjoying every moment now and letting "after" be the next moment to enjoy.

Yes I am a dreamer and a goal setter, but life is too short to always be worrying about or thinking about the after. I want to live in the now:-)

Dessert is my favorite treat after dinner. I broke that habit during my reset, but I am looking forward to a treat after dinner tonight. We are taking Mark's niece and nephew to the Turkey Hill Experience. I know what I will be doing after dinner...yup...having a little bit of Turkey Hill Ice Cream Yes, just a little bit, because I don't want my stomach to hurt. Too much too soon might not be a good idea since I haven't had dairy in over 3 weeks now :-)

Live in the now.
Worry about the after when it is the now!
enjoy the now
Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Veronica,

    Great food for thought, and I love that quote. Great reminder to be intentional with your life and each moment we have, before they segue to "after."

    Stopping by from FMF.

    Blessings,
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Veronica! Be here now, was the name of an album way back in the 90's, and so good to remember. Happy for your intentional journey of health. These things only happen when we take the first step. Also, way to go on having a bit of ice cream! Enjoying life over super strict rules. :) Thank you for your words on my blog. Divorce was so not in my plan, our in my husband's plans when we started off, but his struggles, have spilled out into our lives, and he is choosing a different path. God is my peace, whenever I let him be. He has been so faithful, and more to me than I would have known had none of this happened. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test, I love your writings Love Dad

    ReplyDelete