Tuesday, April 30, 2013

When the day seems a little gloomy and things just don't seem to go the way you thought they would.

After my baptism on Sunday I have felt so blessed and so loved. As I walked through the hallways of the high school I teach at there were students that came up to me, gave me big hugs and congratulated me. I felt so blessed. I am so proud of the decision I made. I was flying high.

When I woke up on Tuesday morning I was feeling defeated.
I was feeling down.
What had come crashing down.
What was not allowing me to glorify God as I wanted to?
Fear
Confusion
Acceptance
Disappointment
As I began to get ready to take on the school day I didn't know why I was feeling this way. I suddenly felt so alone in a world where just yesterday I felt so loved and alive. What was going on?

One of my very special friends came to my desk around  7:15 to see if I wanted to pray with her.
I hesitated.
My mind was spinning in so many directions I didn't know if I could do it. As those words came out of my mouth she reminded me that prayer was just what I needed! It's like she knew that the enemy was coming at me and she came to help me defeat it! God is amazing and he does have perfect timing.

Even though the enemy will try to creep in all the time and take away your glory. Dig deep and pray. Don't give up...he is trying to ruin the beauty that you have.

Thank you God for the amazing people you put in my life that challenge me to glorify you and speak against the enemy!

"No weapons formed against you will prosper"
Isaiah 54:17

motivational quote, quotes

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Veronica!

    I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me please? Thanks!!

    Melanie : )

    ReplyDelete