Thursday, April 25, 2013

Linking up with Holley Gerth and the God-sized Dreamers. I am coming a little late to the party here, but better late than never!

"Take some time to play! Whatever energizes you. It can be related to your God-sized Dream in some way or totally different. Sometimes along the way to our dreams we just need a little time to play. It helps us keep going and reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously."-Holley Gerth

Today is "Take your child to work day". I don't have any children, but many of my co-workers have brought their children with them today. It makes me think back to the days when I was a little girl.  I remember playing outside for hours with my brother and sister at home or my cousins when we were all dropped off by our parents for the weekend at Nanny and Pa's. Those were the days! I miss those days <3

Playing takes on a whole new meaning as an adult. If I had the energy of a child I would be outside running around playing in the backyard on the swing set, in the pool, jumping on trampoline or whatever I felt like doing that day.

My time to play as an adult lately has been doing my workouts:-) This hasn't just changed from my childhood, but it has changed for me in the past two years too. I always felt like I HAD to workout. If I didn't workout I would cut way down on my calories. I had such guilt and anxiety if I didn't workout. It was awful. It was a vicious cycle.

My happiness was determined by the scale.
I would put a number in my head that I "expected" to be that day.
If I stepped on it and the number was the number I had in my head...it wasn't low enough :-(
If it was higher, I was devastated.
If it was lower...it still wasn't low enough :-(
I don't know what I was expecting...but it seemed like it was a vicious cycle.

If I didn't workout I would barely eat. I was already cutting my calories enough, so to cut them even lower was contributing to my downward spiral.

I am so happy to be free and so happy for my chains to be broken.
Now my workouts are my time to play! I have been doing workouts from Beachbody called Turbo Fire and it is amazing! I can be totally free and have the time of my life while I am doing it. I cheered all the way through college and I feel like I am at cheer camp every time I workout with it!
I love my playtime! I cherish my playtime! My playtime is making me a healthy, happy person!
The person God has made me...the person he has great plans for!
I am hoping to motivate others to do the same <3

Beloved, 
I pray that all may go well with you 
and that you may be in good health,
as it goes well with your soul.
3 John 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment