Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today I am joining the lovely God-sized dreamers! We are given a prompt and then link up with Holley Gerth :-)

Here was the prompt:
The most important part of any God-sized dream is the Giver of it. Set aside a particular time this week to be with Him–to pray, journal, take a walk or simply sit quietly and listen.

My brain has been going in circles the last few weeks. I have made the decision to declare my love for Jesus Christ by being baptized on April 28th. It is a huge step of faith for me.

Now to write My Faith Story. This has been so hard for me. My story is being read during the service at which I am baptized and I feel as if there is so much to tell.  I have told my faith story to small groups before, but have never written it down.


As I sit and try to write it is apparent to me that every little detail plays a role in who I am today.

I don't want to leave anything out.

Today I have chosen to list all the times that God picked me up when I was down.
I have set aside time, just to be with Him.
To thank Him for leading me to where I am today; being a God-sized dreamer.


In the past, I turned my head to the mention of God.
I thought nothing of His name or what He had done for me.
I never thought I needed Him.

Through depression and anxiety my first year of college.
Through battling with my weight through four years of college cheering.
To getting my first job and battling my weight again.
Through my marriage ceremony during which I shunned Him with no mention of His name.

Through months of not knowing what was wrong with my throat causing me to have three different surgeries on my vocal cords.

To admitting to having anorexia and over-exercising out loud to family, friends and doctors.
Through my separation, depression and anxiety.
Through my divorce.
Through finally being "in recovery" form an eating disorder.

All the years of pain and heartache that I suffered, He was forever by my side.
Faithful and true to me. The woman who wanted nothing to do with Him.


Until finally, I continued to go to a place that I felt safe and comfortable and the tears would flow of joy because I opened my heart to God's voice. He was talking to me and I was finally listening.

I am forever grateful to the Lord for never giving up on me.

When I say never, I mean never.


1 comment:

  1. Veronica Congrats on the decision to be baptized but even more so on the realization that your have a love story to tell. A story of Him walking beside you all the way. I pray that He continues to bless you as you go forward/

    ReplyDelete