Thursday, April 4, 2013


I have wanted a bread machine for months! My women's bible study group and I read Ann Voskamp's "one thousand gifts". A few different evenings we watched a video she made to go along with her book study. She always had loaves of fresh bread. (She was no joke though, she didn't need a machine!) Ann is such an admirable woman. Not because she can make fresh bread, but because she is such a strong woman of faith and is affecting the lives of so many. Definitely a book I would recommend reading. She writes so eloquently you feel like she is sitting next to you telling you a story! 

So my treat to myself for finishing the RESET was a bread machine! I wanted to be able to make my own clean-eating bread. First two attempts...not so good...Veronica 0-Bread Machine 2. Don't get me wrong, they were both edible, but not something I would want to bring to your house to have along with dinner. The first one looked "normal" but was had a little bit of a flour taste to it. The second one looked like a meteor hit it in the middle, but tasted much better :-) But it still is not right. 

Balance. 
Bread is no different than life. 
Once I find that balance my bread will be better! 
Everything in life has a perfect balance of ingredients. 
It is up to you to make that choice and find your ingredients to make that perfect loaf of bread.
Your Life.
"He who supplies seed to the sower 
and bread for food will supply 
and multiply your seed for sowing 
and increase the harvest of your righteousness."
 2 Corinthians 9:10

Every day I strive to be closer to God. Every day I take the time to listen to Him, he multiplies my happiness and guides me to do his will. Every day my relationship with the Lord grows more and more. 

Like my bread I continue to go on this journey to find the perfect balance of faith, food and fitness for me. 

I will get there. 
On his time.
Oh yes, I will get there! 

  Veronica

The bread machine and I will face off again tomorrow morning! Stay tuned...





No comments:

Post a Comment