Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I have been thinking about this lately...

What do you do when when you need to breathe?

Breathing is something we don't think about on a daily basis, we just do it. The normal respiratory rate is 12 breaths per minute at rest.
Have you ever tried to just sit for one minute and breathe?
Try it.
Take one minute to actually breathe.
See what it feels like.
Don't think.
Just breathe.

Ready, Go...

It's hard. I know for me my mind wanders in all sorts of directions, and it's just one minute.
Where did your mind go?
Did it wander in many directions?
Were you able to clear your mind and think only about the breaths you were taking?

When I need to breathe I tend to do one of a few things. It really depends on what is happening in my life at that time. I tend to either need to clear my mind completely, set my mind straight or just not think at all. I breathe so differently for all three of them.  
Sometimes I need to breathe by just sitting still.
I might choose to lay down and concentrate on breathing in order to slow everything in my body and mind down.
Sometimes I need to really breathe and get my heart pumping.
If I am anxious and I can't sit still I'll need to go get a good workout in. I love how I feel after a good workout! My mind and body are fresh and I can truly breathe.
If I just need to chill out I'll go for a long walk and take deep breaths. I'll sit and read what I call a "good for me book" (that's all I read...books that are going to make me a better person).
When I need to set my mind straight I listen to Pandora Contemporary Christian music (this saves me when my mind is heading in a negative direction).

We all need to take time to just breathe. Whatever you need to accomplish through breathing, figure it out and do it! You will feel so much better:-)

<3 Veronica








    





ake some time to play. Do something creative. Snap a picture. Build a Pinterest board. Make a craft. Read a book. Bake a treat. Wrestle with your kids. Whatever energizes you. It can be related to your God-sized Dream in some way or totally different. Sometimes along the way to our dreams we just need a little time to play. It helps us keep going and reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment