Monday, April 1, 2013

"Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before Him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people,
the sheep of his pasture."
-Psalm 100: 2-3


He has risen!
I had the opportunity to attend Easter service at South Ridge Community Church yesterday in Annandale, NJ. This is the church that I go to when I am at home. I was so touched by our pastor Nathan's service, as many in attendance were.

To be honest, this was the first year that I personally reflected on the entire Easter weekend. As a new Christian, in years past it was truly just another holiday that family would gather together with food and festivities.

This year was different.

This year I took time with the Lord to thank him for all that he did for me.
For you.
For everyone who is broken.


Nathan had us take personal time to reflect on our brokenness.
With a small bit of ash placed in both palms. (All come from dust, and to dust all return. Ecclesiastes 3:20)
Then water poured over to wash it away. (You are washed in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11)


I thought about every bit of my past that was broken, and every bit of my brokenness now. My thoughts especially settled on the battle I fought with an eating disorder. With only 1 day left on my reset I have really been focused on that piece of me and all that was taken from me during that time. Sunday's service was another opportunity for me to start fresh, another chance to break away from my past battles with food and fitness. I am well on my travels of my new journey! Stronger in my faith every day of the journey.

Cleansed from the inside out and the outside in.

A perfect song for the Easter season!
Matt Maher-Christ is Risen


No comments:

Post a Comment